Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog.
Please come right in and stay a bit.
Pookas are known to be mischievous spirits, but some of them are really quite nice.
May you encounter only pleasant moments while visiting here.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Not sure if this is a sign that I'm getting better at this or not. This time not months or even weeks passed by for a few words and another layout. My best guess would be that it is too darn hot to venture outside which gives me more time for inside activities.
Leaving a store by way of the back door I noticed this little wallflower (and a weed) growing from a tiny hole in the concrete. I could not discover any soil but obviously the little Vinca
found a way to reach it.

After my Crape Myrtle was cut way down earlier this year and there was nothing to see but some bare branches sticking up, it is now in full bloom.

There is an entire clan of Mourning doves living, nesting and multiplying in some of my plants. That was o.k. by me but then they decided that my porch was actually much more fun, so much shade, and they held their meetings all over the rockers, floor and whatever else could be used for perching.
Unfortunately they are quite messy and left poop all over everything. After washing the cushion covers and scrubbing everything else I really did not want them to move back. Not knowing what would discourage them I thought maybe something that not only moved, but also sparkled.
I glued 2 old CD's together so the shiny side faced out and then attached fishing line and hung them from the porch roof.
So far, so good, I noticed that even in the dark the showed up, reflecting the lamp when the light breeze kept moving them. So far no feathered guests, just hope remains a poop-free zone, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment